12.16.2010

What does your car say about you?

Yesterday I was stopped behind a vehicle that had quite a few bumper stickers. Most were pretty typical of Colorado Springs. 2 Jesus fish, a McCain/Palin slogan, a Denver Broncos decal and then a nice one (note the sarcasm) that said "91101 Terrorist Hunting Permit". To me that last one seems to be a little oxymoronic considering the 2 Jesus fish. Then, after we had made our left turn, we both were turning right into the shopping center which clearly has the lines of a pedestrian crosswalk painted on the road with a high schooler getting ready to enter said crosswalk. Did the Jesus vehicle stop for the kid? Nope.

I guess I it just baffles me when people display their love for Jesus when clearly they are not following his message of love.

1 comment:

Glenn Doomziggystardustroyer said...

Awesome. In Seattle we've got lefty wussies who stop for EVERYTHING, including overentitled pedestrians walking in the middle of the street, or crossing where there's no crosswalk. Maybe if I put a bunch of bumper stickers of jesus on my car, I can have an excuse to be a dick, too?