2.20.2012

working on the weekend

Dave has been commuting for 5 months now. It really isn't as bad as I was expecting, but I still miss being able to meet up with him for lunch, having him come to the kids appointments with me, and having him home at 5. Thankfully, he has a job that he enjoys and that really does a lot to help with our overall happiness for sure.

We are still planning on moving up to Denver but the process is slow going. Part of the problem is that we are so tired that we just want to veg on the weekends. However, we finally talked with our babysitter and she has been, and will continue to, watch the kids one day every weekend so we can work on the house. Yesterday we actually made a list and got everything done on that list. Kitchen ceiling painted, door to garage painted, door knobs switched out on 2nd floor, boxes to garage, dining room put back together, and light bulbs switched out. Next week we want to paint the trim on the 1st floor for sure and then I have to figure out what other items on our too long list we can fit into the 4 hours that our kids are at the sitters.

I would love to have our house on the market in April. We cannot buy another house until this one sells and I really do not want to spent another 6 months in the Springs. I am ready to dive into all that Denver has to offer for both me and my family.

No comments: