9.17.2012

We are moving!

In 10 days we are doing back to back closings on our soon-to-be old house and our soon-to-be new house. Needless to say that things have been pretty crazy around here lately. I think that once we move the general craziness will continue through the new year. Between unpacking, visitors (always welcome!), and traveling we will be in a state of chaos. It's all good though, because we are so looking forward to starting our new lives closer to Denver, Boulder, Rocky Mountain Ntl. Park, and a boat load of other places we are excited to explore.

Soon-to-be old house
Right now we are living with boxes. They have taken over the front room, dining room, and are infiltrating our bedroom. Luckily we have a storage unit, but it is already jam packed. I do not know how we amassed so much stuff over the last 5 years or where it is going to go in our 1000 less sq. ft. house. I guess I just need to get crafty with storage. I am always up for a challenge!

In other news, and quickly too, here is what we have been up to:
  • Dave & I celebrated our 4th anniversary. By celebrate I mean we got dessert from Whole Foods and ate it after the kids went to bed. Moving is expensive!
  • Today is my 31st birthday!
  • Fletcher is starting to recognize letters of the alphabet.
  • Archie is almost 3! He pays attention to everything and is quite empathetic which makes me an extremely happy parent. 
  • Fletcher cracked my iPad screen. I guess I should be happy that it took 3 years for the first electronic item to be destroyed by a child. I thought typing it out would comfort me, but I am still annoyed. 
  • I am actually kind of excited to live in a hotel for the 4 days in between houses. Somebody else can do the laundry and clean up after me for a change. The sad thing is that I will probably still clean. 
  • My Mom and Dad are coming to help us move. I am wondering if there is a horse track near Denver and that is real reason my Dad is coming. Kidding! kind of. 
  • That's all I've got people. 

4 comments:

Glenn Doomziggystardustroyer said...

Hey dude! I assume that you're either still living in a hotel, or are newly moved in to your new house. So if you don't answer right away that's gonna be just fine. Why'd you have to move, anyway?

Sara said...

Glenn-

Dave had been commuting for a year between Co. Springs and Denver. It was 2-3 hours/day that we were missing out on family time. Plus, the Springs is a little too conservative for us and we wanted the kids to start school in a more progressive area. All in all, this was a very good move for us and we are happy in our new town.

Glenn Doomziggystardustroyer said...

Those seem like great reasons to move. What's Dave's line of work? Didn't he get some sorta fancy engineering degree? Why is the sky blue? I love my progressive Seattle. Makes me not want to move back to Michigan, where my family is, but I wish my family were closer.

Delaine Meaney said...

Yeah, I think those reasons were even more than valid. It is more practical than to allot money for Dave’s transportation expenses, which when summed up can even amount to more than your house bills for a year! Plus, the kids should really be in a more progressive environment. Always check up on them though. This kind of happening can greatly affect them, you know.