5.18.2013

Sprinklers and Sandwiches

I love Saturday! I especially love Saturday when I get to sleep in under my new ceiling fan. We had a nice leisurely day around here. The boys received a package from Aunt Becky M. and played with it most of the day. I got to go shopping at the mall by myself and Dave went to Home Depot solo. Not at the same time obviously, but it is nice that we each got some "me" time. The only real difference in our day is that he will get to end it with a nice, cold beer while I will have to settle for strawberry sparkling water. Maybe I'll jazz it up a bit with fresh sliced strawberries and mint from our garden. I'm living on the wild side!



It wasn't as hot as yesterday, but in the sun it was still warm so Dave set up the sprinkler and let the kids play. Fletcher did not like getting wet as much as Archie did, but he loves playing with hose so fun was had by all. I got some incredibly cute pictures too. Fletcher still stands still long enough for me to get plenty of pictures of him. Archie, however, cannot be bothered with things like his Mom trying to capture the memories he it too busy making. Oh well!





I spent some time chopping up and freezing vegetables while making dinner. Dinner was grilled portobello sandwiches for me and Dave, faux corn dogs for the kids, and sweet potato puff for everyone. Since the kids haven't snacked much today they ate everything on their plate, even the reheated peas from the other night. I was tempted to get some food at the mall earlier today, but I resisted and ate when I got home. The allure of feeding a family of 4 for about $10/day was enough to dissuade me. We have plenty of great food here for a fraction of the price. I am turning into such a cheapskate.

My sandwich is sticking its tongue out at you!

While my trip to the mall to find maternity shorts was a huge bust, I stumbled across a Fresh Produce Warehouse sale. I had no idea what Fresh Produce was, but I figured "what the hey". They actually had a lot of cute dresses, tops, and skirts. Being pregnant I didn't want to buy things that might not fit after the baby is born, but I did find a great dress that works as a maternity dress. I also got a scarf. So no maternity shorts, but cute dress. I'll take it! Here is the style of the dress, but it is in a brownish color and pattern.

Well that is all I've got for now. I hope your Saturday has been as enjoyable, or at least not super stressful (that one is for you Marlene).

2 comments:

marlene said...

Do you have a grill or did you use cast iron with stove top or broiler? That looks yummy.

Sara said...

We have a griddle made by Cuisinart.

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/grills/gr-55.html

It is great for pancakes and for other BBQ type foods since we don't actually BBQ.