6.29.2009

23 week pregnancy update

(22 week belly)

I am currently in my 23rd week of pregnancy. In two days I will be 6 months along. Where does the time go? So far the 2nd trimester has been good to me. I am eating normally, sleeping a lot, and can still get around and do things with relative ease. However, getting up from the floor is proving more difficult as is shaving my legs. Afterwards I feel like I have run a marathon...well maybe not a marathon but I am pretty tired.

I have a pregnancy journal called The Belly Book. It is really kind of a fun way to document this whole journey and since I love to write it works out well. Well the 2nd trimester portion of the book has about 3 pages dedicated to baby kicks and hiccups. Plus the 2nd trimester portion only goes through week 24. So here I am in in week 23 wondering when in the world am I going to start feeling this little one move? Almost everyone I talked to would look at me a little weird when I said I still hadn't felt him/her even back in week 19. The only people who told me not to worry were my Mom and Dave's Mom. I trust them over everyone else since b/w the two of them they had 10 kids!

This past Friday I was sitting at our kitchen table on the computer when I had this weird muscle spasm to the left of my belly button. I didn't think to much of it until the same muscle spasm occurred 2 minutes later and then 2 minutes after that. So now I am staring at my belly willing the spasm to return. Then I see 2 little spasms in a row and realize that my little one is finally letting me know that he/she is in there! Daddy also felt the kicks later that night. I am kind excited that we both got to feel the first kicks on the same day. I always thought it was kind of unfair that the Moms get to experience this little joy long before the Dads.

Since then I have been able to feel him/her move a lot because I now know what I am feeling for. We went to a show last night and during one of the louder songs I was getting multiple kicks/pushes all over the place. This one is a future member of the 2029-2030 Red Wings Grind Line!

Tomorrow I have another ultrasound and my Glucose Tolerance Test. More updates to come!

1 comment: