7.23.2009

Baby overload

It has been awhile since I've had a chance to sit down and blog. I was in MI in mid-June for Becky's bridal shower, came back to CO, a week later my parents and sister Amy came in for the week, we drove back to MI for a week and a half, had our baby shower, Becky & Ben got married then Dave and I drove back to CO....in a nutshell. Needless to say things have calmed down a bit here and will remain that way until Baby R. arrives. After that our lives will never be the same again!

My wonderful husband painted the nursery while I was at my parents house and now he is working on getting the chair railing cut, painted and put on the walls. After that we can start arranging and decorating the nursery. We had to rent a trailer to get back all of the stuff we received for the little one from my sister-in-laws, Jen and Sharon, and from all our friends and family at the baby shower. I will have to write separate blogs about the shower and Becky's wedding b/c those both deserve their own attention.

The main reason for this blog is to post pictures of our new Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper, which is our baby gift from my parents. This particular co-sleeper acts a play yard, bassinet and co-sleeper all in one. We liked it better than the Pack n' Plays because the weight limits are higher and they also attach to your bed to make it more secure. It arrived today in perfect condition and I set it up in our room to get the animals used to it. It will probably get pretty annoying until the baby comes, but it is better to get your pets used to all the baby stuff in advanced.

Anyway, below are some pictures and stay tuned for our nursery progress.

Set up as a play yard


Set up as a co-sleeper

How it will be attached (we've ordered leg extenders so it will actually be bed height).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice shower - so sorry I couldn't come - it just wasn't working out :(

(also I have to apologize for not coming back to your blog lately - when I changed my blog address it must have done something to all the blogs that i read - cause they all got deleted :( slowly I've been remembering who's blog that I follow - and today was your lucky day ;) ha ha ha! so sorry!)

marlene said...

how will you keep the kitties out of the co-bed until the rightful owner appears?

Sara said...

Tin foil, a sheet draped over the top and a water bottle. I love a cats fear of tin foil!