6.29.2010

In the summer swing

Summer seems to arrive a little late in CO, but it is totally worth the wait. I'll take late summers that extend into October and give me little to no humidity. Granted, if I forget the sunscreen, 10 minutes outside can leave me a little pink. I guess that's what happens when you are 6000+ feet above sea level. The funny thing is, however, I would give it all up in a heartbeat to live closer to family. That is another blog post though.

The last 2 weeks have been full of firsts for our little man. On Father's Day we went to theCheyenne Mountain Zoo here in the Springs. Archer only seemed interested in a few animals, including the giraffes, gorillas and birds. He did fantastic though for most of the trip, only getting cranky while on the lift to the top. Have you ever tried holding a squirmy, crying 9 month old while on the equivalent of a ski lift? Dave was thankful that I had to deal with it.


Later in the week we finally gave Archie his first haircut. I loved his little tufts, but he was starting to resemble a flying nun or a creepy clown - depended on the day. I broke the first rule of haircutting by cutting horizontally instead of vertically. Now he has perfectly straight lines of hair on both sides of his head. Oops! He does look more like a toddler than a baby though. I cannot believe how fast he grows!


This past weekend we travelled back to the 16th century at the CO Renaissance Festival. There is nothing like a beer and Celtic music at 10 a.m. on Sunday. Who needs church? Don't answer that question please. Anyway, we had a great time and I got to indulge in a "fryed" pickle! Sooo good! We saw the Ded Bob Show, Hey Nunnie Nunnie, listened to the Carillon Bells, went to a petting farm, saw Celtic Legacy play and walked around looking at a bunch of stuff Archer will want us to buy him in 3 years. Good times.



What do we have planned in the upcoming weeks? Not much. We kind of take it one day at a time around here. I think we want to try and make it over to Durango, CO for a long weekend plus we are headed the Portland way in July. Until then, I am going to finish enjoying my free time until Archie wakes up.

3 comments:

marlene said...

i would give up alot too to be closer to family. 8( i miss you guys!

Mary Hankins said...

He is so BIG!!! And you're right, he does look like a little toddler. I can't wait to see everyone in July.

Natalie said...

I can't believe how much he's changed since we saw you guys in January - they grow so fast!!!