6.02.2013

Another garden post.

We finally went to the nursery earlier and got some plants to spruce up our front. The previous owners of our house have a lot of nice non flowering perennials around the yard so we were waiting to see what else would pop up. There is not a lot of color so we went to the nursery to grab a few to make our house more inviting. I love salvia and Dave loves columbine so those were definitely on the list. I also grabbed some colorful annuals for our pots and then another ornamental grass to fill in a gap near our driveway. Next yer we will probably build a stone planter in front of the porch and fill it with colorful perennials. Until then, this is our little front yard oasis.

Walking up to our house

The greenery bordering our driveway.

Flowering vines and rosebush planted by the previous owners.

Our potted plants. Waiting for many to grow bigger. 

The large pot was left by the previous owners. We planted columbine around it. 

Close up of the columbine with a leftover dusty miller. 

1 white and 2 purple salvia.

Today we planted mimulus, zinnia, coleus, geranium, dusty miller, ribbon grass, and I think marigold. Archie picked up some yellow flowers that weren't labeled so I am guessing. I do not have the green thumb that my parents possess, but I do like having my own yard to try and make pretty. I also have Dave who gets excited about the garden every year. I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a few years!


No comments: