6.12.2013

Ideas for #3's nursery

The beauty of a new house is that I get to decorate a new nursery! I did a brown, green, and cream bunny themed nursery in the old house. I loved it but we left the curtains, bunny tie backs, and painted room behind us when we moved. This time around I decided on owls in oranges, blues, greens, and browns. I love starting off with a gender neutral palette and it was all inspired by the Treetop Friends bedding by Skip Hop. I bought the pillow, blanket, and sheets from this set. We don't do bumpers so I see no need in buying an entire set if I'm not going to use half of the products in the bag.

Skip Hop Treetop Friends

I decided on grey for the walls. I wanted a color that would could handle a lot of different styles so we won't need to paint again down the road when owls aren't cool anymore! I bought Dolphin Fin Grey by Behr and now am just waiting for it to magically put itself on our walls. 

Dolphin Fin Grey

My Mom is graciously going to make curtains for the baby's room. I really like an owl fabric from fabric.com, but it was a little busy. Mom suggested using it as a trim on the bottom and as a valance. That's why she's the pro. I am not sure what solid colored fabric I am going to use for the main part of the curtain, but hopefully Marlene can help me with that! 

Michael Miller Cocoa Berry Swedish Owls fabric

Here are some products that would be so adorable in the nursery:








Of course I have been working on my own special artwork for this little one's new room. It is a work in progress, but here is a sneak peak. I have had this project looming in the back of my head for months so it has felt great to finally get started. 

It is a 2 canvas project, but so far I love it!

I cannot wait to get the room painted and get started on decorating!








No comments: