7.02.2013

Father's Day projects and pancakes!

I meant to post this awhile ago. On Father's Day I experimented with an almond meal pancake recipe. Although I am typically a savory breakfast person, we usually have a pancake/waffle day on the weekends. Since I cannot have more than about 15 carbs for breakfast without spiking my blood sugar, pancakes are out for the most part. I found a recipe for almond flour and ricotta pancakes. They are high in fat and protein b/c of the egg, almonds, and ricotta but they actually kind of fulfilled my pancake craving. Since I didn't have coconut flour or lemon seltzer water I used coconut flakes and sparkling lemon lime water that I had in the fridge. They are no substitute for the huge pancake stack I am planning on devouring after this baby is born, but they will hold me over!


For Dave's Father's Day gifts I busted out my Silhouette Cameo. Since I haven't had too much time for scrapbooking, it is nice to get some craftiness in every now and again. The card idea just kind of came to me and I was glad that I still had some vellum laying around b/c it turned out really neat looking. Archer colored the paper before I cut it with my Cameo. I used Archiver's new Memory Lab to edit the photo on the inside of the card. The little box on the bottom I found in the Silhouette Studio shape store and then filled it with Dave's favorite candy. I also got him a cord organizer from Amazon. 







No comments: