11.16.2008

Snow, Cold and Panda

This past week has been pretty low key due to me getting sick. After only 3 weeks of working in a Kindergarten classroom I got a cold. I cannot wait until flu season... The boy I am working with has not yet learned the art of covering your mouth when you cough. In fact, most Kindergartners seem to lack this skill autism or not. I have a worksheet all about covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze that I working on with him. We'll see.

We got our first significant snowfall this past Friday. There wasn't much accumulation, but I determine the first significant snowfall by the amount of car accidents I hear about on the radio. The roads were not even that icy, but people forget that you just need to slow down and keep some distance between you and the car in front of you. Hopefully by the time we actually get some real snowfall people will have remembered how to drive in the winter.

Right now Panda is visiting us in Colorado. Panda is my niece Sabrina's school project. He gets to spend all school year traveling while the rest of us have to work and go to school. Slacker. Yesterday Dave and I took Panda to Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs. The same two places we take every guest. It never gets old especially when we go out to eat at my favorite restaurant, Adam's Mountain Cafe. They have a ton of vegetarian and vegan options and I have never had a bad meal there. If you ever get chance order the sesame tofu with your salad. It is only a thousand times better than the stuff that Whole Foods passes off as sesame tofu. Seriously.

(Me & Panda at Garden of the Gods)

(Panda enjoying my Green Mountain Polenta)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember when I worked at the day care I was sick NON-STOP for almost a year...it sucked! Good luck!

marlene said...

ooh, i want to take panda out to eat too!