12.12.2008

Christmas is around the corner...

It is Friday (now it is Saturday). I have never been so thankful to discover that fact half way through the day. It hasn't been a particularly rough day. However, after standing in line at the post office for over an hour and overhearing a person say something about it being Friday night I turned from weary to happy very quickly. On top of that, I only have one work week until I get a two+ week vacation!

Can I say how much I love Christmastime? I love it! I am not a particularly religious person although I do believe in God and I think religion is a wonderful thing. What I love about the holidays are the people I encounter and the people I love that I get to spend bonus time with. People always talk about crazy holiday shoppers, but in my experience shopping during the holidays is like an unspoken camaraderie. We all know that lines are going to be longer and aisles more crowded. Haven't you ever struck up a 5 person conversation in a checkout line during the holidays? If not, I recommend that you try it. People can surprise you!

Another thing I love about Christmas is well look at my list! Lights on the house, in the house, on a tree, pine scented candles, cookie baking, Christmas card holders, wreaths, wearing green & red, vacation, the dinner table spread, spending time with friends and family, the Sprague party and gift exchange, Sharon's vegetarian minded Christmas food, Sharon's baking, Sharon (!!), the 3 hour long phone call to Grandma, shopping for gifts, receiving gifts, Christmas songs (especially Carol of the Bells) and listening to my kindergarten class sing Must Be Santa. I suppose I could continue this list for another 3 paragraphs, but Dave is patiently waiting for me to finish so we can head up to Boulder for the day.

In less than a week Dave & I will be back in Michigan so you better get ready! See you soon!

No comments: