12.18.2008

Cookies and Orange for a Pie

Today I spent about 5 hours making three different kinds of cookies. I made raspberry thumb print cookies, chocolate chip and pecan cream cheese cookies and chewy chocolate cookies. Two of the three recipes came from Cooks Illustrated magazine and they are awesome! Anything that I've made from Cooks Illustrated has come out great. I highly recommend it to anyone who is not familiar this magazine.



This evening we have our annual block Christmas party. Everyone brings an ornament and a plate of cookies. We exchange the ornaments and then everyone takes some of the other cookies home. It is a nice, relaxed get together and this year my cookies are actually going to be good! I also made cookies to bring back home to MI for my relative Christmas party. I need to stop typing the word cookies.

Yesterday Dave & I celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple. I bought dinner from Whole Foods, we gave the dogs bully sticks and then we exchanged gifts. My awesome husband got me the Sex & the City ultimate series DVD collection! I also got a Red Wings decal to put on the back of my car, some DVDs, an ornament, and Trivial Pursuit. The inaugural game was won by yours truly! Dave got some t-shirts, books, DVDs, and a beautiful wedding picture to put on his desk. I like that we always know what the other person wants but forgot to put on their list.


Well, I have to go get ready for the party. I hope everyone has safe travels and a wonderful Christmas!!

1 comment:

Em said...

Those look AMAZING! I'm hoping your cd arrived safely! Merry Christmas to you both and I hope it's a wonderful FIRST married Christmas!