12.07.2008

The week in review

Christmastime is among us and I cannot believe how not on the ball I am. Usually I have already sent out my Christmas cards and mailed my packages by this time. Did you know that we received 4 Christmas cards on Friday? That got me upstairs on my computer writing my annual Christmas letter. Now most of my cards just need stamps and are ready to go. I won a package of holiday cards from our wonderful wedding photographers Smith Gallery Photography so the rest will be sent out when those arrive.

I put up our tree on Thursday, but sadly we only had about 6 or 7 ornaments. Yesterday Dave & I went to Target and Hobby Lobby and bought about 12 more. Now the tree looks much better according to Dave, but I think it is only because all the presents under the tree are for him so far. The outdoor lights also got put up yesterday by Dave. Since he did most of the prep work last year, it only took him about 30 minutes. We didn't put any lights on the 2nd floor b/c we don't have a ladder yet.

After our Christmas themed day, we took the dogs for a walk. They are slowly getting used to their gentle leader harnesses and walking them has progressively become much easier. At first they would constantly try to get the harnesses off by rolling around on the grass and rubbing their snouts against our legs. Now they only try to remove them intermittently. If you ever get a dog that pulls on his/her leash so much that you are afraid they are hurting themselves I would strongly recommend the Gentle Leader. We tried a few harnesses before this one, but this is the only one that really discourages pulling and doesn't hurt your dog.

Not a very eventful week here at the homestead. Oh well! All you Michigan friends and family - I will be seeing you in 2 weeks! Happy Sunday!

No comments: