12.01.2008

San Francisco and 'Turkey' Day

The joys of working in the school system. My a.m. job has a 2 hour delay today and my p.m. job is closed. It started snowing as we were driving home from the airport late Saturday night/Sunday morning. It took us 2 hours to get home when it normally only takes 1 and the snow kept coming all day Sunday. All this means is that I have time to blog this morning!

We spent Thanksgiving week in San Francisco with Dave's parents, my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their newly born twins. It was nice to relax, get to know my new relatives better and hang out with the little ones. I always forget how tiny newborns are. It has been over 6 years since Nick & Sabrina were that small! Hopefully in the next year or two Dave and I will have a little once, but until then we are super happy to be Aunt and Uncle to such great kids!

Stephen and Marissa live a nice part of the city, granted I do not know much about San Francisco but I liked their neighborhood and felt completely safe walking around. One day, Dave and I walked to the ocean from their house and it was only about a 20 minute walk. The waves were spectacular and the view of the bridge and cliffs with monstrously large houses on them was amazing! While in the city we also took a family trip downtown on the cable cars. We walked around, had sundaes at the Ghirardelli store, and I went into Tiffany's for the first time! I pointed out to Dave what I wanted for Christmas...maybe next year or in 2025!

Thanksgiving day was relaxed and very yummy! I made a mushroom, goat cheese, red pepper bread pudding that was pretty good. We also had stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, brussel sprouts with nuts, turkey (for those who eat it), homemade apple pie, and pumpkin dessert with dulce de leche. It was all very delicious and I was grateful for not having to cook everything myself! One day I will be the mother or mother-in-law in charge of providing that meal for my family, but until then I will enjoy being the daughter and daughter-in-law!

(Dave and Peter, his soon-to-be godson)


(In middle of THE dinner)

(Post-sundaes at Ghirardelli)

(Guess where I am)

No comments: