8.18.2009

The last few weeks

What have we been up to lately? Dave have been working diligently in the yard fixing the sprinkler system, cleaning up the backyard, growing some chard, lettuce and mesclun (which are growing really fast) and mowing with our manual push mower that he hates, but tolerates for me! I have been cooking and baking a lot more, reading too many scary birthing books and putting little touches in the nursery here and there.

We also have a ton of appointments, classes and things to do in the next two months before Baby R. gets here. Today I start my breastfeeding classes, tomorrow I have my last ultrasound (hopefully), and in two weeks we start childbirth classes and preregister at our hospital. That gives me 2 weeks to come up with a birth plan hence all the scary birthing books.

Yesterday I finished amassing our newborn cloth diaper collection. We are set with diapering until our baby reaches about 15-16 lbs. and then we will move up to the next size. I also got the curtains I ordered for the nursery. I am just waiting for Dave to install the curtain rods and then the room will look more put together I think. I am so excited to post pictures of the finished nursery! My Mom is making new chair covers for Dave's IKEA Poang chair that we put in the nursery as well. I cannot wait to see what fabric she picks out!

This past week Dave & I flew to Nova Scotia for Cailin and Steve's wedding. Cailin is a high school friend of Dave's and our sister-in-law Marissa's sister. We had a fantastic time! Marissa's family is super nice and they make you feel like you've been part of their family forever. We also got to spend time with Bob & Joan and the twins. They are so adorable! It is amazing how fast they grow. We last saw Peter and Addie at Thanksgiving and they are like totally different kids now.

It was nice to get away one last time before we become parents. We spent a lot time just walking around and relaxing. One day we drove to Peggy's Cove with Dave's parents and then took the scenic drive back. Our little B&B was one block from the water and right in the heart of Chester, Nova Scotia. We went to a lobster and karaoke party one night, the rehearsal party the next and then the wedding the night after that. Here's a big kudos to Cailin and Steve for the food at their wedding! It is not often that a vegetarian gets so many delicious options at a wedding.

That about sums up our lives of late. I'm sure we will be keeping busy for the next, oh, 18+ years now! Bring it on!

Bob, Dave and the twins
Sunset from the wedding venue!
Me, Bob and Joan at Peggy's Cove Lighthouse
Me and my 30 week belly at Peggy's Cove
Me and Dave at the wedding

No comments: