8.19.2009

Thoughts about pregnancy

You will have to forgive me in advance, but I am bored and have had a lot of time to reflect on this.

About 3 weeks ago I started feeling fetal movement much more frequently and consistently. I just thought Baby R. was having a crazy day, but as it turns out the little one has crazy days every day. At first it was amusing and just a little irritating. I had to learn to sit differently to get my ribs as far away from kicking feet as possible. However, now I think it has made me bond with the baby more than anything else. That is our baby in there. How crazy is that?

There are many things in this life that I love. Somehow I found the perfect person in this world for me and married him. I have 5 siblings that I wouldn't trade for anything and 2 parents that are just the greatest people in the world. Now I am in love with a little person that I have never even met.

I will admit that pregnancy had been kind of a novelty to me until recently. I knew there was a baby in there and I knew eventually it would be born and I would all of a sudden be a Mom. That all seemed so far away and surreal though so I really didn't focus on it. Lately I have been so protective though and worried and anxious and impatient. I want a healthy, full-term baby - THIS healthy, full-term baby. I have 9 more weeks and everyday I love him/her more and more.

I know our lives will forever be changed once Baby R. gets here, but that must be why pregnancy is 10 months. 10 months is a long time to get used to the idea, start loving your child, and then just being ready for him/her to arrive. How could I not want to take care of this being that I feel everyday inside of me, changing me, changing my life?

Anyway, thanks for bearing with me. Call it pregnancy hormones, a new realization, too much time to think, whatever. This is what was on my mind.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That was a really beautiful post. Thanks for sharing and I am so excited/thrilled/happy for you both! Can't wait to meet Baby R.

marlene said...

you're making me cry, that was touching. you're a wonderful mom, and you and dave will do great!

becky said...

oh, that was so sweet! you are already such an incredible mom. i can't wait to meet the little one, and the rest of the world will fall in love with her/him as well.