9.13.2008

1 week married!

Today is our one week anniversary and we had a busy day! I made Dave wake up early so we could get to the Chefs Warehouse sale. It happens twice a year and really great, quality kitchen items are extremely discounted. We got a 10 quart Calphalon dutch oven for $30, a Bodum beer mug for $5, some really cute Onion and Garlic metal tins for $10 and a whole bunch of place mats and cloth napkins for $1 a piece. I love kitchen stuff!


After shopping we helped one of Dave's co-workers move into a house about 1/2 mile from ours. They have a lovely house that makes me want to finish our kitchen and open the stair leading to the basement. One day. It is nice that they moved so close b/c we watch each others cats and the proximity will make it much easier in the future. Also, I like Tina and Dan!

Once we got home Dave watched the U of M football game and I set to work in the kitchen. We moved a lot of the unused kitchen stuff to the basement to make room for all the nice stuff we have received for our wedding. Now we just need a dining room china cabinet and more shelves in the basement. There is always something when you own a home. Oh well!

After reorganizing I made a really yummy chipotle and corn soup and then brownies for dessert. I was in a mood to use all my fun, new cooking and baking supplies.


I think I am tired and babbling at this point so I am going to go to bed. Tomorrow we are going to sit down and plan what we are going to see in Ireland. That should be fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your onion and garlic tins!! I WANT THEM :) We use SO much of them both I always have them on hand...and they just sit in an old ice bucket on top of our fridge! Very cute :) When do you guys leave for your honeymoon?