9.14.2008

"Sunday morning coming down"

I love Sunday. I have always loved Sunday, but Sundays during fall are the best. Put on jeans, a hoodie, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy.

Today our neighbor came over because he just got a job selling Kirby vacuums and he needed to practice his spiel. I will admit, I got hooked on the vacuum but not the price tag. He took it and vacuumed one of our mattresses. The dead skin and dust mites that came out of it were disgusting!! The cool thing was that he shampooed our front room carpet where there were dog and cat related stains. It looks much nicer now.


Once Alex left, I started making lasagna for dinner and Dave headed outside to be king of the yard. He started filling in the dead spots on the lawn yesterday with peat moss and grass seed and is finishing today. He actually looks like he knows what he is doing. At least one of us understands the mysterious ways of the lawn. I'll stay in the kitchen!!


Speaking of the kitchen, here is the lasagna I just made! (The eye-fi for your camera is the best thing ever!!!)



I used no-bake noodles and layered with cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, zucchini, corn, bell peppers, pasta sauce and kalamata olives. I love meals that require no recipe and you usually have everything you need already in your pantry. Once Dave is done chatting with our neighbors in the backyard I'll call him in for dinner.

About 3 months ago I made book plates with my leftover sticker paper from our save-the-dates. I was waiting until after we got married to put them in my books though. I didn't want to jinx anything my writing my new name on them before it was legally mine. Anyway, I put them in my books today and am very excited about that. I am easily excited apparently! Here they are...


Now I am going to finish enjoying my Sunday instead of just blogging about it!! Happy Sunday to you!

No comments: