9.30.2008

I can't stop writing

I finished my thank cards today. I've sent 5 packages in the last 2 days. Prepped for my first Science club that started this morning. Sent numerous e-mails. Still, I have the need to be writing. I guess I could bore my journal, but instead I'll bore you.

This past Sunday we drove down to Penrose, CO with the dogs to go pumpkin picking. Dewey almost made it the whole trip without losing the contents of his stomach, but that last mile really got him. He's getting better though. Anyway, at the pumpkin patch we let them wander with their leashes still attached and they stayed pretty close. There were a lot of kids around so didn't let them run off leash, but I wish we could. They are still just a little young for that. We got three pumpkins and can't wait until it gets closer to Halloween so we can carve them!

I started teaching again this morning at an elementary school in its second year. The art room in which I taught has floor to ceiling windows with the most incredible view of Pikes Peak. I guess I to would be inspired to be artistic with a view like that. What happened to small, rectangular windows 5 feet off the ground? Kids today don't know how good they have it.

Our lawn is looking the best it has all summer. I am so proud of Dave for not giving up on it and making it look beautiful. I think he is somewhat relieved to know that he has a landscaper in him after all. He mowed it today and I actually want to go sit on it. I haven't said that about our lawn yet.

Honeycrisp apples are in season so get to the store and buy them while they are delicious! I got some organic ones at Whole Foods the other day and have to go back and get more. They also had concord grapes from MI. They are either pre- or post season, but I had to have them. Concord grapes, white peaches, and honeycrisp apples are the absolute best varieties of fruit at the peak of their season. I am nearly salivating just thinking about them.

Since this post has been pretty scatter-brained I am just going to through some photos in here for the heck of it.

(Dave & the dogs at the pumpkin patch)

(my handsome boy Dewey sleeping)

(Pretty Piper looking coy)

(Putt-putting in August)

No comments: