1.03.2009

Holidays aplenty

I am officially back from vacation and ready to blog again. This year Dave & I went to MI to spend the holidays with the Stocks. We flew in on a Saturday and went straight to our first party with my extended family. I love my cousins, Aunts and Uncles and we always have a great time when we get together. Plus, Dave got a Lego set from our sister-in-law so he would pretty much call the evening a success.



For the most part our vacation consisted of a whole lot of hanging out and doing nothing. It was nice! We spent the 23rd and 24th at my brother and sister-in-law's house. Dave got to play with our niece and nephew and I got to make food for Christmas dinner. One of the recipes was for a pumpkin and goat cheese lasagna from the Nigella Lawson holiday cookbook. All the measurements were in the metric system, which made it even more fun. The end product was amazing, but I never want to spend 2 days making anything edible again...at least until next year!

We got to see a lot of our friends while back in MI and for that I am thankful! We hung out with Tonya, Justin, Lizz and Scott one night at ABC in Ann Arbor. We got to see Becky and Ben and hang out with my sisters and brothers. Dave left on the 28th b/c he wanted to come back and ski. However, both of our dogs had gotten sick and he had to spend the week taking care of them. At least the mountains aren't going anywhere anytime soon.



I met the other bridesmaids in Becky's wedding when we tried on dresses. Afterwards we went out for lunch and ended up talking for about 3 hours. They are all great women and I am thrilled that Becky has such a great, supportive circle of friends. Another day, JK and I went out for coffe at the Plymouth Coffee Bean. I miss hanging out in coffee shops and talking for hours with my friends. I also had a slumber party with my neice and nephew. We watched movies, ate popcorn, ordered pizza, jumped on beds and did all the things that make a slumber party fun!



I had a great time, but I also missed my husband and our family of animals! It is nice to be home with them. I wish that we lived closer to friends and family, but as long as we have each other life isn't too bad!

I skipped a lot of holiday stories here, but I really am not in a writing mood this morning. Maybe I'll be more inspired tomorrow.

No comments: