2.12.2009

Are you one of the 48%?




This could save your life!








Consumer Reports just published the results of their Risk Survey in the March 2009 issue. According the article 48% of American homes do not have Carbon Monoxide Detectors. I have a feeling this number is on the low end especially since people really don't like to spend money on preventative items when there are so many instant gratification items to be bought.

I read the news on cnn.com about every other day. Lately, I have been noticing headlines in the U.S. News section about CO poisoning. Incidents of CO poisoning are higher during the winter months because we are all couped up in our houses running appliances and heaters 24/7. This is scary stuff. A colorless, odorless gas that can kill you in your sleep or make you loopy and not realize what is happening to you.

Dave & I did not have any CO detectors in our house and with all these stories I've been reading I had been thinking about getting some. Then, 2 days ago, my wonderful husband went to the store and bought 2 CO detectors that are now on the wall in our kitchen/living area and upstairs outside of our bedroom. I had not raised my concerns to Dave, but we must have been on the same wavelength. He is so great!

Anyway I encourage all of you, as people that I love and care about, to check your current CO detectors or go out get yourself some. They are not very expensive and they could save your life one day.

CARBON MONOXIDE Q & A

No comments: