2.25.2009

My new diet

Due to health reasons, which I will write about once I have thoroughly questioned my doctor, I have to be more careful about my diet and exercise. This is going to have to be a change for the duration of my life b/c what I have makes me more prone to diabetes and heart disease. I am already a vegetarian which helps, but I need to eat more heart healthy foods and I am trying to eat those low on the glycemic index.

To help me along in this pursuit, Dave & I have started menu planning for the week/month so we don't end up making bad meal choices. I have been going through my cookbooks and writing down recipes to try. I even found a Low Glycemic Index Vegetarian cookbook. There is a cookbook for EVERYTHING! This weekend we are going out to get a treadmill. We have been wanting one for awhile and now we have a good excuse.

The best though is my new iPod app called Lose It!. It tells me how many calories I can have in a day and tracks what I eat so I know where I am at. You can enter your exercise for the day and it tracks my weight for me. It really makes me think about what I am putting into my body. Is that handful of <insert food item here> really worth using up 150 of my daily caloric intake, which is currently set at 1,629 calories per day. It is a great tool! There is also a website that helps me figure out the calories in some recipes I have that do not give me the nutritional info. It is called Spark Recipes Recipe Tracker. I will keep you updated on my progress and my health. Sorry this was such a boring blog.

1 comment: