5.13.2009

I can cook in peace once again

Today we had a special delivery. Our brand new stove! It is black with a flat, glass cook-top and a large oven window. I cannot wait for Dave to come home and cook dinner on it!

You might wonder what prompts a person to spend money on a new stove when they had a working, albeit, stinky old stove. I blame it on pregnancy. I had some very strong smell aversions during my first trimester. One of them is that smoky, meaty scent that most fast food restaurants seem to have surrounding them. Another was my stove. There was about a 1 month period in our house that if it couldn't be cooked in the microwave then we didn't eat it.

Our old stove was a coil top that I believe the old owners had for many years before we ever moved it. The white had given way to a murky yellowish tint. The oven had baked on nastiness that even a self-clean cycle wouldn't remove. The coils were all so warped that a lighter pan would tilt towards the weight of the handle. All in all, it was a stove you would expect an apartment to have, not the house that you pay a mortgage on every month.

Anyway, here are the before and after pictures.

Before
After

1 comment:

marlene said...

oooh, fancy. now as your small appliances wear out you'll have to replace them with black. speaking of, where did you move the coffee maker?