5.13.2009

We planted a garden!

If you know me, then you know how I feel about planting, plants, dirt, bugs, etc... I would much rather be baking a cake than getting dirt under my finger nails. It just seems so tedious and boring. This is all very much to my mother's dismay.

Well, I have bucked tradition. This past weekend Dave & I planted our first garden. He tilled and prepped the soil, I picked out the plants, he installed the drip irrigation system, I put the plants in the ground, and then he planted a mini vegetable garden. We put some organic mulch on top to complete the look. Can you believe they sell mulch that is dyed and has disclaimers on it saying it can be poisonous to some animals?

I still cannot say that I have a deep love or even a new found respect for the horticultural life, but it was kind of satisfying to see this to fruition. Anyway, here are some picture of the new garden.

Dave putting in the drip irrigation

Me putting is some annuals for color

The finished product

The mini vegetable garden

Here is a list of some of the plants that are in our garden.
  • Salvia
  • Hosta
  • Columbine
  • Phlox
  • Vinca Vine
  • Ivy Garland
  • Corydalis
  • Trollius
  • Marigold
  • Pansy
  • Dianthus
  • Labelia
  • 2 varieties of tomatoes
  • basil
  • sweet banana peppers

1 comment:

marlene said...

dave does realize that the garden will be his responsibility soon as you will not have the ability to bend over...