5.01.2009

I like food again!

We have had an interesting spring so far. We've had sunny days, warm days, cold days, rainy days, snowy days and all those days in between. It is great! On the sunny days I want mocktails, caprese salad, and fresh fruit. On the rainy days I lean more towards soup and bread rolls. Hot chocolate is a must on snowy days. The best part though is that fact that WANT food. I do believe that the worst of morning sickness is behind me. Woohoo!

I have also been a little more productive lately. Last weekend Dave and I went to Lowe's and Home Depot to stock up on manure, mulch, plants and various around-the-house items. We are actually going to till up our garden and redo it. I am going to put plants into the ground. Crazy! This weekend we are planning on getting a new stove. Our is old with those crappy electric coils that I cannot stand and it stinks up the house every time we use it. There is an appliance outlet in town and we are going to look for the flat top stoves like my Mom has.

So basically spring has sprung and so have I.

Some of the plants for our new garden

Caprese Salad I made for Dave

Mock Mimosa. Not as good as the real thing though.

Dave working from home under our new umbrella.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your caprese salad looks really good - is your recipe a secret or can it be shared? ;)