5.06.2009

Zoom Zoom!

(not my car, but an exact replica)

A little over 5 years ago, I went to a Mazda dealership and drove off the lot with my first brand new car. The first car I ever had to pay for every month. The first car that required I carry full coverage insurance until it was paid off. The first car I was solely responsible for. And I have been in love with that car ever since.

I give it car washes, clean the interior with dash protecting wipes, vacuum, wash the windows, remove the clutter, rotate the tires, get regular oil changes, and fix things as needed. When I see other Mazda 3 5-doors on the road I still stare at them even though I currently am driving mine. I think my car is beautiful and would buy it again and again. The only two drawbacks that I ever found on my car are the stock tires that it came with and the fact that it isn't available in AWD/4WD. I have two sets of tires though to help with those issues.

I guess I am writing this ode to my car because yesterday I got the FINAL PAYMENT bill! I will own my car officially and am so super excited! I researched the heck out of this vehicle before I bought it, I did my legwork on loans and got a great fixed APR and I did it all by myself. I haven't missed a payment or had to refinance. I switched my insurance companies as needed and soon it will be all mine!

I guess I never thought I would have love affair with a car, but my Mazda has actually made me a car person and given me the experience of having true joy over a big hunk of machinery. In our family, I get to choose the vehicles. Our Jeep was harder for me because it is primarily Dave's car. I had to find a car that he could love and I could tolerate. Let me tell you though, when it comes time to replace my car (way down the road) I will get to find a whole new love affair.

Cars I could love!

BMW 1-series (five-door). Not available in the U.S., but if it were....

Lexus IS 250. Drool.

Infiniti FX35 AWD

Volvo C30. I am really digging this little car!

1 comment:

marlene said...

i'm totally with you on loving a car. you've seen my little sunfire -- it's not much to some people but i *love* it.

and my next car will hopefully be a new mustang.

congratulations!!!! it's all yours.