1.22.2009

Addicted!!

So this past summer I was fortunate enough to attend a beautiful wedding in CT that was conveniently only about 1 hour away from my cousin Sandy's house. I got to have have lunch with her and her daughter Sydney. During that lunch, Syd talked non-stop about these books by this author Stephenie Meyer. I'll get around to them eventually I thought. Now I am wishing that she would have shaken me and made me read them right then and there. What took me so long???

Stephenie Meyer has written the books Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. If you haven't heard of them then I must believe that you have been living on some remote island off the coast of East Timor for the last 3 years. It's the only possible explanation. Anyway, I don't know why I am ever surprised at the addictive quality of books. I have been a voracious reader since I first learned my ABC's when I was like 4. These books have sucked me in to this other world and I am having the hardest time living my normal life right now. The books are approximately 450, 550, 650 and 750 pages respectively and I am just past the middle of the 3rd book. Did I mention that I started the series on Monday?

If you have been contemplating reading these and have a week to spare than I highly recommend that you run to your local library or bookstore and snatch them up. On a side note, this week at Barnes & Noble is Educator week and if you have an educator card you get 25% off all your purchases, not just educational materials.

So last week the reason my blog was so quiet was because of my new iPhone. This week I will be gone from the cyber world until I finish these books. Then I will be back and gushing some more.

Enjoy the silence!

No comments: