1.14.2009

Dog food drama and American Idol

As many of you know, our dogs got canine flu over the holidays. Piper seems to have been more affected than the Dew-ster though. Even after 2 weeks she was still not really wanting to eat her food. We would add cottage cheese, wet dog food and even peanut butter but she still didn't want to eat. Dave did some reading up, because that is what my reliable and responsible husband does! He started to think that something might be wrong with the food so he bought a small bag and Piper gobbled it up. Hmm.

Side note. We buy expensive food for our yuppie dogs. One 28 lb. bag of food costs $42.99.

Anyway, Dave called the company that makes our dog food and they were unsympathetic towards our plight. So we threw away about $30.00 worth of food and bought another bag. Piper did not want to eat this bag either. Well this time Dave called the company, got a coupon for a free bag and then called the place we bought the food from and they are going to refund our money for the 2nd bag. We then went to a different store, bought a bag with a different expiration date on it and we'll see if Piper eats this one. It could have been that batch or the way that the pet store keeps their food. All I am saying is that if Piper refuses to eat this new bag, we are going to have to change their food which is a pain in the butt. Keep your fingers crossed!

Now onto my favorite subject b/w the months of January and May. I got addicted to American Idol last season and I am thrilled that it has started up! I love hearing about it on the radio, reading about it on-line and seeing clips on the television. My absolute favorite thing about American Idol, except for the actual show itself, is reading Jim Cantiello's blog on mtv.com. This guy is a riot! He says the obvious in ways that nobody else can. I love American Idol!!!!

You will be hearing more from me about my favorite show in the upcoming months. C'est la vie!

No comments: