1.18.2009

We got iPhones!

You haven't heard from me in awhile because I have had my nose in my iPhone so to speak. On Friday Dave & I both got iPhones and we LOVE them! I got a nice red case for mine and Dave got a black silicone case for his so we could differentiate between the two. Here is what I have been doing.

I added the following apps-
Google - takes me directly to all my Google stuff
Facebook - takes me to my facebook page
Shake Spell - Like Scramble/Boggle (tons of fun)
Word Freak - I get the first letter of a word and have to try to figure out the word in so many guesses
Shazam - It tells me what song is playing (if I am listening to the radio and want to know what song it is, I just hold the phone near the speakers and it tells me!)
reMovem - Remove the same color sequences
Pandora - I can listen to on-line radio (It can find almost anything!)
Snap Tell - All I have to do is take a picture of a book, DVD, CD or video game cover and it will pull up where I can buy it, for how much and you can read reviews.
Solitaire - Your pretty standard solitaire
Labyrinth - the game where you have to move the board around to keep a marble from falling through the holes.
Urbanspoon - Lets you see all the restaurants near you, gives you reviews and directions.
Amazon.com - links to my Amazon account
Red Wings - Has the complete schedule at the touch of a button
What's On? - my own personalized tv guide
Phone Flix - links to my Netflix account so I can add movies to my queue even away from home!

...and those are just the applications that I have added! There is a GPS navigator, a weather button that I can program multiple cities on, e-mail access button, the Internet is the actual complete Internet, I can e-mail, text and call from my Address Book, and there is so much more that I cannot even think of it right now. Oh, did I mention that is has 8 GB and can hold music, movies, and tv shows? I already have about 1.5 GB of music on it already! It is just about the coolest thing ever!

I tend to arrive early for everything and with the iPhone I don't even care. I can sit and play games, check my e-mail, update my facebook status, and even blog from wherever I happen to be. So much fun!

1 comment:

marlene said...

i am incredibly envious. i've been trying to convince erik to get me the ipod touch (16gb) for my birthday. he seems to think i won't use it and that i'll get tired of it and it will be a waste of money.

sooooo, when i eventually get it (crossing fingers, giving puppy dog eyes to erik) then i can come to you with questions and guidance.