1.06.2011

Archie goes to the aquarium

This past Monday Dave had off of work for the New Year. Instead of sitting at home thinking we should be cleaning, we decided to head up to Denver for the day. I found a nice place to eat near the Capitol building so I plugged the address in our GPS and we were off. We found it easily (duh), but they were closed Monday only! So we pulled out our various electronic devices and looked for another place. I found one called Mona's near the Denver Aquarium so we chose the convenience of the location. Am I glad we did. The food was amazing and it was kid friendly. What more could I ask for? Orange Brioche French Toast perhaps? Done! It didn't even need the maple syrup it was so delicious.

After lunch it was off to the aquarium, a whole 1/2 mile away. The parking lot was nearly empty and we were so excited. The last time we went to the aquarium it was so crowded that we had to wait in line to see all the different exhibits. We also brought in the stroller and I hate bringing a stroller into a crowded area. At first Archie was a little nervous at the different sights and sounds, but he soon was trying to stick his hand in the water and was scooting from exhibit to exhibit. I love that he is old enough now to start enjoying places like children's museums, aquariums, parks, etc...

We only stayed about an hour and a half because a 15 month olds attention span doesn't really last that long. It was a nice way to spend the day though and I am looking forward to more family outings in the future.





No comments: