1.19.2011

Goals for the year.

I just recently started thinking of my goals for this year. I am very anti-New Year's resolutions b/c I think by making them you are just setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. Great way to start off the new year. Goals, however, seem more attainable to me. It's probably just all semantics, but whatever.

In no particular order, here I go.

- I want to be the best mother to my children that I can possibly be.

- I am currently learning to knit and I want to stick with it through this frustrating first part.

- I want to make my Baby F's baby food. I did not do this with Archer b/c I was intimidated.

- I want to make our kitchen as waste-less as possible. No more paper towels or paper napkins, compost more, recycle more, etc...

- I want to turn our basement into a family friendly play area. It is not too bad right now, but it could use a little brightening up, some decluttering and a lot of rug remnants.

- I want to keep up with Archer's baby book, Baby F's Belly Book and eventually Baby F's baby book. I have been really good about this and I want to keep it up.

- I want to continue playing around with my bread machine and make as much bread as I can at home.

- After Baby F is born I would like to start my weight loss/healthier eating habits earlier than when I had Archer. I used iPhone app called Lose It that really helped me get back to my prepregnancy weight.

- I want Dave and I to take a family vacation. Not one the involves weddings, visiting friends/family or prior obligations. Just a trip that we can plan and cater to our children and our lifestyle. Right now we are tossing around the idea of the Adirondacks and Vermont in July.

That's all I've got for now. I think these are all things that I can do and 12 months is a long time really. However, I say that now. The next thing I know it will be 2012.

No comments: