1.11.2011

Belly Book for Baby Boy #2

With Archie I filled out a pregnancy journal called the Belly Book. I decided that I would do the same with each subsequent child. It doesn't hurt that I am a scrapbooker and this is the sort of thing I love doing. I have actually been really good about filling out Archie's baby book and Baby F/S's Belly Book. About every other week I sit down and update them. I just finished their most recent updates and am shocked that next week is the last week of the 2nd trimester in the Belly Book. Where has this pregnancy gone??

(23 weeks pregnant)

Technically my 3rd trimester doesn't begin until the first week of February, but that is still right around the corner. My due date is May 7th, but I am anticipating an April baby. Archie was 3 weeks early and typically 2nd babies are earlier than the first. Also, high altitude babies tend to be born early if their mothers are not from high altitudes. Of course babies will come when they are good and ready.

This pregnancy has been a little harder than the first b/c I didn't have a toddler that I was chasing after before. On the flip side, it has been flying by because I haven't had time to sit around and dwell on being pregnant. I have been trying to indicate to Archie that his little brother is in my belly. Archie will kind of look at my belly and then just start crawling over me. Maybe he understands more than I give him credit for!!

In other news, Archer has had a big week. He is starting to stand unaided by me, Dave or any other object that can hold him up. He can only stand for about 30 seconds before sitting down again, but it is a good step towards walking. His balance is really good too. He doesn't sway and he can bend his knees a little then push himself back up to a stand. I also taught him how to "Give me 5" yesterday and he already a pro. He will crawl all the way across the room just to give you 5. Why can't my dogs learn that quickly and be that obedient?


I signed up for beginner's knitting class starting this weekend. I went to the store and bought my yarn for the scarf that I am going to make. The hat was totally uncool so opted for the scarf. A wise decision on my part. I am sincerely hoping that this is a hobby I can get into because I am desperate for an activity that is mobile and not terribly mind consuming. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: