1.16.2011

Happy V-Day!

As in I've hit 24 weeks which means that according the hospital I have a viable baby in womb. I could have told them that though. Baby probably F is a kicker at all times of day and night! I still get so excited when I think about being a Mom to two boys. I know a lot of people who have 2 boys pretty close together in age and they all get along so well in their adult lives. Archer and Baby F will hopefully continue this trend and be best friends.

(exactly 24 weeks)

It is Sunday morning here at the R. household and Dave has Rancid playing on Pandora, Archie is talking to Dewey who is trying hard to ignore him, I've got Oatmeal Bread in the bread machine and a cup of Green Mountain Dark Magic decaf near at hand. Happy Sunday!

Yesterday I took my first of 3 Beginner's Knitting classes. There are three other women in the class and we had a great time chatting and being frustrated together. I have to go back today though because I have 2 mistakes in one of my rows and I have no clue how to fix them. The curse of not messing up during class is that I do not know how to fix my mistakes when they happen. I guess that is also the curse of being a Virgo/perfectionist. Fortunately, I only know one stitch and I caught my mistakes before I got too far.

This past week we finally went out and got Archie a real haircut. I have cut his hair twice and we went to Super Cuts once where the guy cutting his hair clearly did not feel like dealing with a child and did a terrible job. A place that specializes in cutting kids hair, Kiddie Kutters, just opened up near our house so we checked it out. Archie sat in a little Ford Mustang chair and the lady was totally awesome even as Archie was screaming and turning tomato red. Plus, the price for the cut was only $10.95. We gave her a big tip!

(sporting his new 'do)

I am starting to really get into decorating Archie's big boy room. We are going with a traditional transportation theme with lots of reds and blues. This is mostly because there is such a variety of transportation themed items for toddlers rooms that it will be easy and I can decorate it pretty inexpensively. On Amazon.com I found these wooden storage bins in blue for only $59. At Land of Nod they retail for $150. I ordered a 2 bin and 3 bin for his room. I cannot wait to get them! Did I mention that I got free shipping? Amazon rocks! The bedding that I think we are going to get is from Target. It is the Circo transportation collection, but I want the quilt not the blanket. I like the look of quilts on children's beds. Hopefully today we can get the guest bed moved into the study/new guest room and I can really start to visualize the space.

(playing at Gymboree)

Well, we should be getting on with our Sunday. There are actually things that I want to get done today. We'll see how well that goes.




No comments: