4.24.2009

I used to be so responsible.

April is a big month for birthdays in my circle. It is hard enough coordinating birthday celebrations when you all live in the same state, but for those of us out-of-towners we are left to our own devices. Since moving to CO I have been so good about getting birthday cards and gifts out on time. The week before the event everything has been in the mail.

So this April I seemed to have dropped the ball. Sitting across from my computer are birthday cards for my brother, sister-in-law and mother. Their birthdays were on the 7th, 15 and 16th. Oops. The sad thing is that I was about to take pictures of the unsent card for my blog. In the amount of time that would have took, I could have addressed and mailed them. I also have ultrasound pictures that I am supposed to send my mother and bridal shower invites that I am sending out for my best friend's shower. Don't worry Becky, I will get those out on time!!

I have always been responsible and punctual. This whole crazy, forgetfulness thing is driving me nuts. I just don't have the drive to be a Virgo right now. At least I remembered to turn in my payroll this month...because I forgot last month.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I have not forgotten everyone's birthday. I am with you in spirit and I guarantee that there is a card laying around my house somewhere for you. You will get it before this child is born. I promise!

Since it is that time of year again I must end my blog with some words of encouragement.

GO RED WINGS!!!!!

2 comments:

marlene said...

i, too, have those same cards on my table. and the gifts ready to be boxed. but all i'm doing is looking at them.

sunday. sunday i'll do it. so will you.

Mary Hankins said...

This is how I ALWAYS live my life! It sucks, doesn't it. Maybe if I get pregnant I'll become responsible.