4.03.2009

Pregnancy Brain

I wouldn't have believed it. I probably would have made fun of other people who claimed to have it. Now I've got it. Pregnancy brain.

I should just kiss handwriting goodbye for awhile. I tried writing in my Belly Book and there are words in there that I wasn't even thinking and misspellings up the wazoo. Just typing that last sentence I had to go back and insert words I forgot to type. Chalk it up to not eating well enough or 10 hours of sleep a night just isn't enough, but I think pregnancy makes you stupid.

I was talking to Dave last night about how my body really isn't mine anymore. The baby sucks all the nutrients out my food, reaps the benefits of all the sleep I'm getting, is making my blood supply double hence all my bloody noses, slowing down my digestive system and the Dr. said if I don't get enough protein the baby will start stealing it from my muscles. How can you not love the person that stole your body for 9 months??

Seriously though, I get weepy when I think about seeing him/her for the first time. I am already in love with this child and just want to hold them. Our last ultrasound, when I was exactly 10 weeks along, showed us the most clear picture yet of this child. He/she looked very much like a baby and was moving their hands and legs around. The heartbeat filled the ultrasound room and Dave & I were in awe! We have another one scheduled next week when I will be exactly 12 weeks along.

I am almost done with the 1st trimester!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

marlene said...

it's probably your crazy hormones in flux. my hormone therapy had similar effects on me. you just gotta go with it.