10.06.2008

Basement

When I Googled "basement organization" all the articles that came up were about basements that had suffered years, if not decades, of neglect. That thought terrifies me. One day walking into my basement and then turning right around b/c I can't even stand the sight of it. So I went straight to Lowe's and got two pairs of shelves and lots of little clear Rubbermaid containers. On Saturday Dave and I went downstairs and did not emerge until it was up to my standards...well almost.

Our basement wasn't really messy. We haven't lived here long enough for that, but there was not enough storage and a lot of stuff was just hanging out on the floor. The basement is also my crafting area and I have a hard time working in a cluttered space. About 2 hours and a car load of stuff for Goodwill later, we were done!

(The shelves from Lowe's)


(Our new wall of organization)

Next projects are the backyard and laundry room. Dave just fixed one retaining wall in the back and we are going to buy more of the bricks to create a flower a bed along the back fence. The laundry room is going to have a massive transformation. New paint, bead board, flooring, shelves, the works! I am so excited!!!

1 comment:

marlene said...

i still have those legs to mail you for the shelves from my storage unit! thanks for the reminder.