10.13.2008

I can't stop redecorating


I have been on a huge redecorating/organizing kick lately. You've already read the blogs about the pantry, basement and dining room, but I have yet to tell you about our bedroom and living room.

I have been wanting nightstands forever! How convenient to have a light right next your bed and a place to put my glasses and most recent romance novel. Ahh nightstands. At Target last week they had tall, black nightstands on clearance. Our bedroom set is black and our bed is tall. Sounded like a no brainer. I brought them home, set them up and decided that our bedroom needed to be rearranged. I waited until Dave got home since the bed is HEAVY and then we went to work. We moved the dogs crates to make them not so dangerous in middle of the night, the crates not the dogs. Moved the bed about 2-3 feet to the right (made a huge difference) and moved some lamps around. Nothing drastic, but it look and feels great.

Moving on to the living room. We really don't spend too much in our front living room unfortunately. All our nice stuff is in there and we do not trust the dogs enough to not destroy everything. Anyway. We bought another set of bookshelves since the one we currently have has long been overflowing. I got new, uniform photo albums and severely edited the pictures I previously had in albums. I used to throw all my pictures in album regardless. I had pictures of people who I don't even remember. They are gone. I only kept the pictures of people I know and the photos that make me smile.

Once all this was done and our new china cabinet arrived, the bay window area of the living room looked unfinished comparatively. My sister-in-law gave us some light green curtains last time we were in Michigan so I decided to incorporate them into the schema. I went to Target and got a few accessories and now our front living room is complete...for the time being!

I love decorating!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the bedroom - it's beautiful!! I really like tall 4 post beds :) I need to have you come here and help me organize our house! it's bursting at the seams!! ha ha ha!

Em said...

your entry is offically changed... so glad you love the proof book, I love them too! AND - you should come decorate my house you have great taste and seem to just keep finding awesome deals!

marlene said...

how i envy your time.

Sara said...

I do this out of boredom Marlene. I wish I had more of an outside of the home life, but until then I called me Martha.

Unknown said...

Me and my hubby just decorated our living room a few months ago and brought a lot of stuff from IKEA and the other stuff online at the John Lewis sale. We saved our self quite a bit of money buying in the sales and managed to redecorate the whole room.