10.24.2008

A week in the life...

Day by day our lives aren't very exciting so if I sum up our week maybe, just maybe, it might sound more dazzling. We'll see... Here is goes in no particular order.

The vet. Any pet owner should be familiar with their vet. Any multiple pet owner should personally be supporting their vets family with how much money they drop there. We didn't take on more than we could handle though. We got rescue dogs and cats because we know that we will give them a good quality of life. That quality of life includes annual and bi-annual vaccinations, teeth cleanings, grooming, nail clippings, boardings, and the random semi-emergency that labs seem to get themselves into. Fortunately we love our vet clinic and they love our animals, although Ivy does test their patience!

Yesterday we had to take Dewey in to get blood drawn so we could continue him on Heartguard. He is now a big, short and stout boy of 40.6 lbs! Today I am taking Piper to get a myriad of her annual vaccinations. Piper does much better at the vet than her brother. When Dewey is intimidated he growls. When Dave took him last time apparently he wasn't a very good boy. I don't have too much trouble with them at the vet though.

I had a job interview yesterday for a PT position as a Special Ed Paraprofessional. It was actually my cousin Steve who suggested that I check out being a Teacher's Aide. Paraprofessionals are more common since the No Child Left Behind Act and it sounds like exactly what I want to do at this point in my life. I knew I wanted to work in the elementary school system in a classified, but not certified, position. As a paraprofessional, I would be part of a team and would be helping a child work towards their educational goals. I don't have much experience working with special needs kids, but I am willing to learn. Even if this position falls through, I live within 20 minutes of 3 school districts so I have options.

The other morning we woke up to about an inch of snow on the ground. We knew it was coming, but that doesn't mean I was ready to see it yet! Dave lit a fire in the fireplace two nights in a row, but the 10 day forecast now predicts sunshine and 60s. Winter in Colorado is so weird. Here is a mental image for you though - Dewey in a foot of snow! Dave and I laughed for quite some time at Dewey's expense. Isn't that we have pets and kids? Entertainment value!!??

I have been driving Dave's car this past week and vice versa. I know Dave likes that my car is more sporty and he can drive like the Jersey boy wind in it! I like being able to sit higher up in the Jeep, but I do miss my little car. Maybe we can each have custody of the opposite car every other week. We'll see. Once it starts snowing more habitually though, I am taking the Jeep every day! My little wonderful car lacks 4 wheel drive.

I have been reading a ton lately. I have always been a fast and voracious reader, but there are times when I just can't stop. My vice are romance novels! My sister Mary introduced me to them 15+ years ago and I have been a fan ever since. There are certain authors I prefer more than others and I absolutely cannot stand the ones with weak female protagonists. If a woman is willing for forgive a man willy nilly for infidelity then that is not the book for me. I like flawed but redeemable characters. Currently I will read any Julia Quinn or Susan Wiggs novel. They are wonderful!

Well I am just about done with our ever so exciting week. Yippee......

No comments: