10.17.2008

November 4th

It doesn't matter if you are Green, Independent, Democrat or Republican, we all know that the upcoming election is very important. The economy is in the crapper (Dave's words) and now more than ever Americans need a President they can believe in.

What I cannot abide by though is other peoples intolerance and ignorance. If you know me then you already know who I am voting for so this next part should not come as a surprise. My Dad gave us an Obama yard sign to bring home with us after our wedding. I proudly displayed it in our front yard until earlier today when somebody stole it. We called the Obama campaign office to see if they had more signs, which they did. We drove there straight away and had a nice talk with the volunteer. She said that sadly many people have been victims of the Obama sign thief.

Seriously people.

First of all, by stealing my sign you are not deterring me from voting for whom I think is the best candidate. Second of all, I am just going to go right back to the campaign office and donate more money and get more signs. In the end, these sign thieves are just helping Obama's campaign. We bought four more today in anticipation of a few more sign thieves before November 4th. I have also taped one inside our window. I am not afraid of voicing my opinion and if people disagree with my views that is their prerogative, but don't be lame and steal from me. It is against the law and is not what this election should be about.

Vote on November 4th!! Just do it!

1 comment:

Em said...

I knew I liked you! :)

My sign is also proudly displayed in my yard...