10.19.2008

Cats rule!

I love that even after 5 1/2 years I can still walk into a room, see my not-so-little Madison and everything else just melts away. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs and I love them all equally but each one has different personalities and Maddy takes the cake for sweetheart of the pack. She is the most adorable, loving cat - almost equal to my sister's cat Enterprise!

People who say they are not cat people have never had a cat like Maddy. It is the assumption that cats are aloof and you can just leave them be and all will be okay. That is so not true. Cats need to be loved, talked to, brushed, and reprimanded (by spray bottles only!) Dave once read that while dogs need to see you as a member of their pack, cats view you in a maternal/paternal light. So I really am Maddy and Ivy's mom and need to treat them as my "kids".

What I really hate is the question, are you a dog person or a cat person? Why don't they ever leave room to be both? If you happen to be a dog AND a cat person I think that just makes you more adaptable and well-rounded. I am a bit biased on the topic though.

Here is a picture of my sweet Madison that I took last night. I just want to go hug her now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love both cats and dogs :) But Brian has never had a pet in his entire life (How does that happen??) so he's a little reluctant to get an animal....and if we do get an animal it will be a dog :) SO now I'm just waiting on the day it will happen! ha ha ha!

I had to leave my kitty (Bella) at the farm when my mom died - because my apartment wouldn't let me have her :( I haven't seen here since :( I miss her - she was the sweetest cat - and she LOVED jewelry! it was so funny - she loved my engagement ring - she was so Prissy :) I was going to buy her a pearl collar if I ever found one!